C744E vs C744EG - CeFiONtect vs CEFIONTECT

Users who are viewing this thread

roachslayer

Reaction score
I'm super confused. I just bought a CST744SG (Drake 1, 1.6gal CEFIONTECT model). But now looking at the box, I see this: C744E#01.

huh? What happened to the "G" for CEFIONTECT?

Quick Gloss History:
As I understand it, "CEFIONTECT" is apparently is the USA name for CeFiONtect. And, apparently, as of some recent point in time, Toto has pretty much dropped CEFIONTECT and just using "CeFiONtect" for ALL markets.

OK, with that in mind, I then found the Toto Spec sheets from BOTH eras (when CEFIONTECT was the name, and the newer one with CeFiONtect as the name).

Older spec sheet for CST744SG here:
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744eg_spec.pdf

This spec sheet mentions "C744E" for the bowl (in the "CEFIONTECT era").

New/Current CST744SG spec sheet on Toto site here:
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744eg-specs.pdf

This spec sheet mentions "C744E(G)" for the bowl (in the "CeFiONtect" era).

If you're seeing why I am seeing, yes, it's really stupid that they use (G) in the CeFiONtect spec sheet, but no (G) in the CEFIONTECT spec sheet. But what is REALLY DUMB about these spec sheets is that they try and accommodate BOTH the CST744SG AND CST744S (no CEFIONTECT), it specifically mentions the difference in model numbers (CST744S vs CST744SG) and indicates which has CEFIONTECT, and yet only ONE bowl is listed as a component of that model (grrr)!!

Question:
So what is the deal? Do I have the wrong bowl? Is C744E without CEFIONTECT?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bowl with the "good" finish is the C744EG bowl. It only comes in Cotton White. #01
You can either mate that with a ST743E 1.28 gallon tank, or the ST743S 1.6 gallon tank.

The standard glaze come on the
C744E
C743E
C744EL

roachslayer

Reaction score
That was my initial thinking, despite Totos terrible docs that make it confusing - this looks like the non-CEFIONTECT version to me. Plus here is a pic of the C744E box, absolutely no mention of CEFIONTECT or CeFiONtect.

Looks like I need to get the right darn bowl special ordered (dang supplier screwed this up).

Attachments

• IMG_20160506_183519.jpg
    IMG_20160506_183519.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 440

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yep! You got the wrong bowl.
Should say C744EG#01

In the Seattle area
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/101-to...lors_toto-01_cotton_white/flush_size-eco_1_28

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yeah, they sent you the wrong bowl, that's all.

And, FWIW, CeFIONtecT and CEFIONTECT are the same thing. All they did was dump the "CEFIONTECT" name that they had spend a decade or more establishing in the US, and decided instead to call the stuff by the same sTuPId name they had called it everywhere else in the world since it was invented.

Clearly a decision made by somebody in Japan, rather than here. Because an American would know it wouldn't work. And it hasn't. We all still call it CEFIONTECT. Just like I still call the Triboro Bridge the Triboro Bridge instead of its new name, the RFK Bridge (which, as far as I'm concerned, is in Philadephia, so I don't know who thought we needed another one here).

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks