Buying Spare Parts For My Old Computer

Users who are viewing this thread

nicho

Reaction score
My desktop computer was state-of-the-art back in 2005, and it really meets all of my computer needs. I would like to keep it going for as long as I can by buying spare parts and fixing it as stuff goes bad.

I located nearly identical used CPU's as mine online, going for $10-$15. I have not located any used mother boards, however. I'm wondering how you even find an exact match for a motherboard, or do you just have to have one custom-built to match my old one, once it goes bad?

Also, how exact does a replacement CPU have to be, in order to use the same motherboard?

First need to match the interface. And the motherboard should be renewed with CPU together as nowadays these equipments develops fastly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks