Buying a new toilet to overcome a belly pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Kswicket

Reaction score
I will be purchasing a new toilet to replace one which clogs on occasion, due to a belly pipe. Short of chipping into my pier foundation to angle the pipe as it leaves the house and goes into the septic tank, what toilet would be the best at forcing the solids thru this part of the pipe on its way to the septic tank? I would prefer not to buy a toilet which flushes with the gusto of those found on airplanes. Thank you

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your problem isn't the toilet, it's the pipe. I know you are looking for a easy solution, but fix the pipe then get a Toto toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO with 3" flush valve may work for you,

highline-pa-ken.jpg

or in a pressure assist, a Kohler Highline with Flushmate.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It depends a lot on how far the belly is from the toilet and how far off it is. Regardless of the type of flushing mechanism, after some distance, friction slows both down to about the same velocity. Pressure can only overcome gravity under some conditions...gravity always wins in the end.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
A top-load washer draining into the line wash the drain better than most of today's toilets. Fixing the line is a much better solution than hoping it stays clear based on the attached fixtures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks