Buying a Fleck 7000SXT model

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by LatorGator, Apr 4, 2014.

1. LatorGator

LatorGator New Member

Hi,

Can you guys recommend a best and reliable place online, to buy the Fleck 7000SXT model ( fully assembled ) water softener?
    I have a local plumber who can install it for me.

Thanks.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I seriously doubt anyone will be selling a fully assembled softener online unless it is teeny tiny and way too small for a residence. UPS/FEDx have weight limits that prevent fully assembled.
  3. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I suspect you can maybe buy the tank pre-loaded. This requires shipping that keeps the tank upright. I am pretty sure the controller will be not installed, but that is easy for your plumber to do. You could ask.

I got my iron+sulfur Centaur Carbon filter preloaded like that. But checking the website just now, they may not do that any more.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  4. LatorGator

LatorGator New Member

Thanks Gary and Reach4.

Hi Reach4,
    >> I suspect you can maybe buy the tank pre-loaded

Yes that is what I meant by fully assembled. I want the tank pre-loaded with the resin and the fleck control and I can make the necessary plumbing connection. If that is not possible, how difficult it is to put them all together? Are there any youtube vidoes I can look at?
  5. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

It will take less than 30 min to load the media in a softener tank. If it comes assembled, a freight company has to deliver it and not UPS/FEDEX because of the weight. With a freight company, you will pay more in shipping cost. Instead of a plumber installing it, have you tried to contact a local water treatment dealer to see if they will install it for you? I have the attitude that I will work for anyone who wants to pay me. LOL