busted flange

Users who are viewing this thread

PaulB

Reaction score
I am replacing a toilet. When I pulled the old one, I saw that the flange (PVC) is broken. It sits directly on top of ceramic tile and is 1/2" high. I haven't been able to find a repair kit yet, but even if I can, there's not really any gap between the flange and the tile to slide the metal piece under the flange. I have found a piece that I can sit on top, but the heads of the lag screws I will have to use will be right about 3/4", which is all the room I have under the toilet.

My question is, if I patch the flange in this way, will there be enough room for the wax to seal? Would a waxless seal be an option with an irregular flange surface? Should I just cut the pipe and install a new flange? I can access below the floor.

Thanks in advance

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks