Bury the lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
One of the things I really like about America are the beautiful national parks (that the English left you) that are mostly free for the general public to enter, park and use.

They are a national treasure.

As I strolled around one at the weekend in awe, low and behold you manage to mess up our heritage to you.

Right through the National Park were high voltage power lines hampering my vista!

Bury the lines.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
How can Nevada do it and the other State parks can't?

if you can't bury them, move 'em.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Nevada only has a few power corridors because its devoid of human life.

Want to know about Government imbecility? Yosemite had a small hydro plant on the Merced river that supplied ALL the power to the park clean and free. Fed by a 6' diameter clear heart redwood pipeline, more amazing than Yosemite falls.

Run of river scheme. No fish impedence [No more salmon anyway] . Took several++++ million to remove the 3' dam, and another 40 million to run power lines in from 80 miles away through pristine BLM wildernesss. No one is sure who scammed the pipeline worth about 3 million in scrap value.

Then they left this huge ugly power house because some idiot decided it was historic.

I love it when the park goes blackout 5 or 6 times a year now. Diesel generators instead of water power. Could have given tours to the eco visitors and made a fortune. This is a NATIONAL PARK. Pathetic.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Judging by replys, no one really cares about govt. waste and PLANNED destruction of clean energy. Thats how they get away with these idiotic
schemes.

Inspired by eco-freak, Berkely educated moles that consider a masterpiece of engineering, hidden on "wild and scenic river" property to be a cancer to the clean view of a few hikers.

This river could have 50 of those plants and not obscure any views or disturb the non-native fishes sense of freedom. And still leave enough water to kill several rafters each year.

3 dopes just took a ride over a 1200' waterfall, in order to get a good picture - past the sign that says "you will die after this point is crossed"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks