Bursts of air in line

Users who are viewing this thread

R

Rancher

OK, it snowed here last night, I wish you Canuck's would keep your "nice" weather north of the border... It was also in the teens last night, kept the hose running back into the storage tank to avoid the freeze up I had a couple of weeks ago, Two nights in the teens in a winter is very unusual... whats up with this global warming thing I keep hearing about.

Rancher

R

Rancher

Yeah but I can't remember the last time we were hit by a hurricane, or an alligator invaded my pool...

Rancher

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hmmm.... maybe I need to make a road trip to Speedbump... lots of people around this lake are interested in having a generator for auxillary power. I'm so isolated that power was off for a week after Hurricane Ivan.

Speedbump

Reaction score
We were lucky, we only went down for a few days. I have an old Honda 5KW that kept the pump running for water. I used the tractor and an inverter to run the refrigerators. We had to keep the beer cold somehow.

Rancher, that will be in your next life since you live in ARizona.

bob...

Daveyboy

Reaction score
You guys complaining about the weather, sissies!
...It's been so bad up here this year (how's that for an intro to a weather rant?).
Seriously, over the past 4 weeks I have had no electricity for 8 days. It hasn't been cold in BC (at least not in my corner of it - I've only had about 4 days of frost so far) but it has been windy. There's a stretch of road along the coast about 3 km from my house and over a 2 km stretch I counted 30 broken power poles. Amazing. Some of the poles were new last summer but when the 200 foot tall spruce or fir trees were hitting the lines the poles were like match sticks. Our house was shaking in the wind - I have NEVER experienced a storm like that and I've lived on the North Pacific my whole life.

Also, in Vancouver there's a Canadian National Heritage Site - Stanley Park. It's this huge old growth forest in downtown Vancouver - about 600 acres I think - and the estimates to CLEAN UP the park are about $4M. Word is that about 1000 trees fell and some of the root balls that were pulled up are over 20 feet in diameter. These are trees that until last month had been standing for over 500 years.

Scary stuff, man.

Have you checked out the Al Gore movie, An Inconvenient Truth? It's worth renting.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Nope... but if it has anything to do with Gore I won't vote for it.

I don't understand why 20 degrees in the north it's just a good chill...but in Alabama it is terribly cold with the moisture and a light breeze. It's only 40 now/ 26 in the morning and my feet are already cold as ice. I'll be so glad to get my house built and out of this junky house trailer that I can't stand it! Right now I'd give anything to have radiant floor heat!

Raucina

Reaction score
The convienient truth is that the earth is ever changing and Al Gore is a angstrom of dust in the world condition.

Can I pull my portable woodmizer up to those 500 year old trees and make lemonade from your lemons? PLease dont let them go to the woodstoves

Daveyboy

Reaction score
Raucina said:
The convienient truth is that the earth is ever changing and Al Gore is a angstrom of dust in the world condition.

I know this isn't the forum for bleeding my left-wing heart but wasn't Al Gore elected by more than 50% of voting Americans a few years ago?

It'd be nice if it were that simple then we could all feel good about leaving these problems to our kids. The facts include many details and among them is that there has not been a peer-reviewed scientific study since Reagan's era that actually questions humanitiy's effect on the climate. Interestingly, more than half of the mainstream media's coverage of climate change still questions the veracity of the research that scientists worldwide agree on.

Does this mean that the only people questioning the situation are mainstream reporters, politicians and people who drive Hummers? That poses a frightening future for our kids.

So, how do I relate this to wells and pumps??? Sorry, I'm just spouting of at about 12gpm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks