Bursts of air in faucets and toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Debbra523

Reaction score
I have bursts of air coming through my faucets- so strong it will knock the cup out of my hand if I'm getting a glass of tap water. I'm also getting the air bursts and sputters when I use the washer (cold water) and when we flush the toilets. We recently replaced our shallow well pump 2 weeks ago with the same size pump, but we had the air bursts with the other pump also.every faucet, toilet, and the washing machine have the bursts of air....does anyone have any advice on what's going on? I woke up this morning and there was nothing but the sound of air sucking/blowing through my faucets. my pump seemed to have lost its prime. It seems to have kept its prime throughout the day today, but its still putting out the bursts of air. I do have a small leak (one drop per second) on the PVC adapter thats on the pipe that goes into the pump.its an old galvanized steel pipe and the adapters too rusted to tighten it.That needs replacing.could that cause the bursts of air? Its an above ground shallow well pump.that and the holding tank are outside in a well house.Only one pipe is coming up from the ground and going into the pump

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks