burnt odor out of cold water line

Users who are viewing this thread

mroger

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently noticed a strong odor coming from my cold water at the kitchen sink. if you fill a glass then smell it has a strong burnt type odor to it. Doesnt happen in the bathroom or any other outlet , doent happen with hot water, not even from kitchen sink. About 3-4 weeks ago had shutoffs installed under the sink, everything is brand new and didnt have the odor problem at first. I changed the old faucet trying to solve the problem no help. I did notice that coming up from the crawl is older galvanized pipe. the person that put in the shutoffs had to add an extension from the galvanized and used black iron pipe. Could this react and cause this type of odor after a couple of weeks? any help or comments appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks