Burnham boiler question

Users who are viewing this thread

frank in ohio

Reaction score
I just had a new Burnham boiler installed, oil fired, and when we first fired it up, we cranked each thermostat (2 zones) all the way max and it worked fine. This was about a month ago, I haven't had to use it until recently. What seems to be happening is that if I have the thermostat set for some temperature, say 70 or so, and the house gets colder than that, I can hear the circulator come on, then the burner will fire for just a few seconds, then turn off, circulator and all. Then a short time later, the process repeats. If I turn up the thermostat to some higher number, say 80, then it fires up as it should. I know I should call the contractor, but I don't have much confidence in him, figured I'd try here first. This is a Burnham model V8H and there are electronic controls on it, like high temperature, low temperature, and such, just wondering if something is set incorrectly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
frank

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks