Burnham Alpine 80 Display

Users who are viewing this thread

cad53

Reaction score
I've installed a Burnham Alpine 80 and the installation went flawlessly. The boiler powered up, the boiler pump started, the system pump pump started, the boiler low fired and the house heated up. The display did not come on though. I followed the troubleshooting guide furnished with the boiler and I have low and high voltage between the transformer, Sage 2 and the display. The local vendor furnished a new display and a power ignitor connector which I replaced per directions along with relocating some wiring in the access drawer. Burnham doesn't appear to have an accessible technician like Weil McLain and others that you can call and discuss your problem and I fell like the vendor is just "hanging parts". Has anyone else had this problem and better yet a solution?

Lesio333

Reaction score
I've installed a Burnham Alpine 80 and the installation went flawlessly. The boiler powered up, the boiler pump started, the system pump pump started, the boiler low fired and the house heated up. The display did not come on though. I followed the troubleshooting guide furnished with the boiler and I have low and high voltage between the transformer, Sage 2 and the display. The local vendor furnished a new display and a power ignitor connector which I replaced per directions along with relocating some wiring in the access drawer. Burnham doesn't appear to have an accessible technician like Weil McLain and others that you can call and discuss your problem and I fell like the vendor is just "hanging parts". Has anyone else had this problem and better yet a solution?
Hi I have similar problem. My display was working for 6 years and went blank. I have replaced the display. It was working for a few seconds and went blank. When I checked the voltage it showed 35 V. But the screen should operate on 5 V or so I think. What solution have you found for your problem? Can you point me in some direction? Thank you

Lesio333

Reaction score
How much experience do you have with Burnham boilers?
Hi Tom. I have similar problem. My display was working for 6 years and went blank. I have replaced the display. It was working for a few seconds and went blank. When I checked the voltage it showed 35 V. But the screen should operate on 5 V or so I think. I have new screen ready but don't want to burn it. Can you point me in some direction? What should I check? I am pretty handy with my computers and my car and not afraid to take things apart and put them together.
I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks