BurCam easy flush system

Users who are viewing this thread

Bduncan7

Reaction score
We installed a BurCam easy flush system in our basement and it works at flushing. But now I am getting a wicked septic / sewer smell.

I have tried bleach tablets, rid-x , still getting that smell. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Lysol liquid has not helped either.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
When you set the toilet, you might have messed up the wax ring. There could be air leaks around pipes or wires. It could have air leaks around the lid. You may have to get up close and sniff around to you figure out where it is leaking.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I hope you can sniff out the leak, or just go in and replace the wax, being more careful this time.

Looking at the description, if you can't find the air leak, I am thinking you could turn off the pump and add water to the bowl until water starts coming out somewhere. That's your leak. As soon as you spot the leak, turn on the pump. Have the wet vac handy to limit the mess.

Don't raise the level of the water in the bowl more than an inch. If the toilet can maintain an extra inch in the bowl, the smell is from somewhere else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks