builing a home salon, need advice ....

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by jekky, Jan 15, 2006.

1. jekky

jekky New Member

I am desperately hoping someone can help me with this dillemma. I am building a hair studio at home and am not sure what type of shampoo bowl to buy. I know that cast iron is the best, but it is also the most expensive and very heavy, so I am not willing to buy that. The abs plastic bowls are inexpensive, but scratch easily. Here are my options:
    a fully cast acrylic bowl
    an acrylic coated fiberglass bowl
    an acrylic coated abs bowl
    The full acrylic is the most expensive, and the abs coated the least.
    Price ranges from $500 to $300 all shipping and fixtures considered. Which sink do you think would give me the best value for my dollar??? :confused:

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

If you are going to be involved with any hair dye, I think you need a sink with a porcelain finish, like cast iron. Check to see if American Standard makes an Americast version of the sink you need, or Boots in Bootzcast.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jekky

jekky New Member

thanks...

Thanks Jimbo, but those sinks are almost $1000:eek:...and since I worked i a salon with acrylic sinks and they lasted 15 years+, I'm just not willing to pay that price.

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    sink

If you have worked with them that long, why not buy whichever one you used since it gave good service.