Buderus install

Users who are viewing this thread

BriGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Our boiler is on death's door, and I am eager to get a new one in before winter. I just got the first quote for:
- Buderus G115 WS5 oil fired boiler
- Beckett Burner
- Crown Mega Store 40 gallon indirect fired water heater
- auto feed device, back flow prevention device, micro bubble eliminator, expansion tank, pipe and fittings.

And of course, all the fittings, permits, etc... there is a walk-in basement for easy access.

This was $10,100 (the Logomatic is a $1000 add-on not included above). I am getting more quotes, but does this seem in the ball park? We are west of Boston, so kind of a high price area unfortunately. I do know it is impossible to quote prices online. :)

Brian

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should shop around but around 10 large is close to where I'd be

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On a related issue, though, is replacing a boiler with the same size as what was there is rarely the correct thing to do. While the price difference in hardware may not be huge, the operating efficiency can and unusually is.

You do not want to install a boiler larger than necessary. Read a few of the similar threads, and you will see how people ended up not getting the savings or comfort they expected. It was not uncommon for older systems to be 2-3x bigger than needed. Wasn't a financial issue when oil was cheap, but those days are long over.

If you have your old oil usage information, that along with the free heating degree day info for your zipcode, you can get a good handle on the size boiler you actually need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks