Buderus GB142 and outdoor reset

Users who are viewing this thread

jhetri01

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm thinking of having a GB142 installed. I looked through some online documents and noticed that the GB142 has a built in connection for an outdoor sensor. My salesman says I will need an AM10 module to do the out door reset. Can anyone clarify....if out door reset is built in, why is the AM10 needed? Thanks in advance!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not sure, but mine has that controller. The ability to use an outdoor reset is built-in, but the adjustments of how and what it is supposed to do are done on the AM10.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The AM10 is the modulet that interfaces with the boilers aquastat. It reads temperatures and handles the algorythm. Definately worth the expense. Every boiler should have outdoor temperature reset capability. I believe that by 2012 manufacturers are required to have it on all hydronic equipment.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks