Buderus boiler with boiler temp error...now lots more q's

Users who are viewing this thread

Julian

Reaction score
I'm a newbee and trying to get smart after having read thru my "Logamatic" Buderus controller manual. Background: came home to a cold house. Boiler temp showed 210 on Logamatic, below 140 on analog gage. Ordering new sensor. The (oil) boiler services the home's (hot) water as well as heat for forced air - 2 air handlers, 4 thermostat-controlled zones. I seem to have found an "emergency" method to run in manual mode with an analog (dial) to set boiler temp. So, this raised q's for me: in winter now, but with two kids (ages 4 &5) in the house, I need to come up with a boiler water temp. But, is that the same (in effect) as my "tap" hot water temp? Even though I have thermostats that can be set back at night and other times, does it make sense to set up a fancy "program" on the boiler? If so, what about my DHW. There seems to be an option for setting that as constant or have a program for that too. Are there some standards for these variables of DHW and Boiler temp. We typically run the active zones at 68-70 when home and set back to 62/63 during day (if vacant) and 65 for the sleeping floor at night (non sleep zones 63). Also, any solution for air handling for one of the kids' rooms that just doesn't seem to stay as warm as the rest of the sleeping floor zone other than electric room heat? Thx in advance and for helping out a rookie.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
If the thing has an internal coil for heating the hot water it typically needs a boiler temp of at least 150F to serve up reasonable amounts of hot water. If it's an oil boiler temps below 140F risks shortening the life of the boiler due to corrosive condensation of oil exhaust on the heat exchanger plates. If it's a cast iron gas beastie you can safely drop that to 130F, but that's not going to provide satisfactory potable hot water service through an embedded coil.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks