Bubbles in Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Snapper

Reaction score
When i flush my toilet bubbles come up and it doesn't always flush all the way. Sometimes leaving paper in the bowl and other times almost overflowing. :confused: The toilet is an American Standard, 1.6gpf. What could the problem be?

Kristi

Tradesman Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.prettyplumbing.com
Sounds like you have a partial blockage in the pipe or an obstructed trap, possibly on it's way to a full one! Sometimes there are snag points for tissue and such within the drainage. There could also be a flaw in the casting of the toilet itself or an "undesireable item" caught in the trap which could cause hangups. Try giving it a good plunge, but you may have to move to a snake. Be careful, because you can crack the bowl if you're not careful with that snake. If it happens over and over and over again, I'd recommend getting a plumber in there to actually take a look at it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks