Bryant Furnace 925s

Users who are viewing this thread

Fudog

Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing A Bryant Furnace, any feedback on this would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
What color is it? ;-)

Seriously, more information is required. It's sort of like asking "I'm thinking about buying a Ford- any feedback?" You don't want to buy a 5- liter Mustang if what you need is an F-150.

The first thing is to figure out what your whole-house heat load is and pick a model that isn't ridiculously oversized for the load (as most are), with sufficient air handler to work with the existing ducts. Efficiency-wise there isn't much of a hit from being ridiculously oversized, but comfort and noise-wise it does.

Then there's the matter of how much local distributor/installer support there is for the equipment in question (probably not a problem for Bryant, in most of the US), and any reliablitiy track record you can dig up on the exact model you're considering.

Fudog

Reaction score
Installer suggested Bryant model 925s. We had 3 estimates from different installers and the first one sold Trane the second sold Carrier and third Bryant. I work nights and am going to have to get to sleep. I will get back with you tomorrow. Thanks

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
The 925S comes in eight different sizes, and is a single-stage (not a 2-stage or modulating), which makes getting the sizing right even more important for optimizing comfort.

Your ZIP code, your current furnace's input/output BTU numbers and a mid winter gas bill with the EXACT meter reading dates & fuel use should be enough information to ballpark it on sizing.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Not a Bryant fan but more important is the availability of parts should the unit crap out. Unless you have back up heat, its a bad idea to buy equipment that is not sold and serviced locally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks