Brown Well Water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ekelican, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ekelican

ekelican New Member

My son is considering to purchase a home built in 1957. The house has been sitting vacant aprox 9-12 months. The water was ran for approx 2 hours and was coming out of the faucets brown in color. The pump used is a jet pump so I'm assuming a well depth of less than 100'. I have taken the well cap off and dirt is floating throught the water. Is this normal for house that has been sitting this long? A sediment filter is being reccomended as the answer. But, is this just covering the problem? Appreciate any help, thanks.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Get the water tested!