Brown water

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard Cropper

Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted originally in the softener forum thinking it may have been a softener issue but I think it may have gone past that. Here is a link to the original discussion. I have had the water test and the results are in that discussion as well. After a few days recently of the RO system being slow I had some time to go down and check it out. Well....... I took the first sediment filter off and found slimey brown stuff on it. Took the carbon filter off it was brown but no sludge. Checked the membrane and last carbon filter and they were fine. Below is a picture of the 3 filters excluding the membrane. I took the remaining water out of the first sediment filter and placed it in a glass. You can see this brown gunk floating to the top where it stays, seems very soft. My water test results all came back alot better than everyone had thought but this seems to only be happening after a regen cycle. Any ideas on what it may be? How to test it to see what it is? Or how to get rid of it? I have a 14 month old and another on the way so I don't want this to affect them at all in there health. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20160123_083542.jpg
    20160123_083542.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 20160123_090157.jpg
    20160123_090157.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 256
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks