Broken Toliet Flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Toon

Reaction score
I have a house that's on a concrete slab, naturally the drain lines are installed beneath the slab. Recently, I was replacing some flooring and had to remove a toliet, in the process of doing so I broke the toliet flange. The flange is glued to the PVC pipe that stubs-up beneath the toliet. How do I relace this flange that's broken and still glued in the 4" stub-up?

Thanks,

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
It depends on how much damage you did...you might be able to get away with using a repair flange...otherwise you had better call in an experienced plumber to set a new flange for you before you make this into a major project.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I assume this is an all plastic flange, rather than one with a metal ring. If so, then the only proper solution is to remove that one and install a new flange WITH a metal ring. I would not consider this a DIY job, since you could create a major project if done incorrectly.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This will not be a major job for a professional plumber. He will have the proper tools to easily remove the old flange, and can install the new flange very quickly. Certainly there will be a minimum charge, you don't hire any professional on a per minute basis, but it will not be outlandish. Of course, if unknown problems arise, that would increase the cost, but those unforeseen conditions would also exist if you DIY. The difference is, he will recognize and be able to deal with those conditions much quicker and easier than you could. There are times when all of us DIYers have to realize some jobs are beyond us and that a professional will be less costly in the long run.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks