Broken sink stopper knob

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by maddfrog, Sep 5, 2006.

1. maddfrog

maddfrog New Member

I have an old Delta single handle bathroom faucet. The knob that you pull up to stop the sink broke in half, so I'm left with a smooth metal rod sticking up. Can this part be replaced? If so, where might I find one? The faucet came with the house and is probably about 15 years old.
  2. Contact Delta and they'll send you this part at no cost to you. Otherwise this part is commonly found at big box stores or plumbing supply houses but you usually have to buy the entire linkage w/pop-up drain.
  3. maddfrog

maddfrog New Member

Thanks

Thanks, Rugged. I was hoping for an easy solution. The bathroom is slated for renovation next spring or summer and the faucet will go, so I was hoping to spend little or nothing. This fits the bill...
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

If you know any plumbers or maintenance men, they'll have just a replacement rod. If you have a Ma and Pop hardware store, they might have just the rod. If not, you have to buy the whole pop-up assembly to get it. Or, you could just remove the stopper from your sink entirely and just go without one. That would be the cheapest way to go.