Broken sewer pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

matman211

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Glad I found this awesome forum. I need a bit of advise. My main drain has a 6" section that has collapsed. The drain is a pvc 4" line. I am guessing somehow a tree root got pushed in to it and it is less than half its original size. The problem is, the section that is damaged is right under the foundation footing which makes it hard to get to it. I did some research and found that usually a bigger sleeve gets put in where the foundation footing is and the sewer line is inserted through the sleeve which protects it. My plan was to dig a hole on both sides of the footing a foot away and just cut the pipe out and move it out of the sleeve and replace it. I dug a hole in the garage about a feet away from the problem and ran into 2 issues, one is when they poured the footing, they did not use any form, so the concrete is flowing from the footing and widens as it goes deeper. Second is there is no sleeve and the pipe is sitting right on the bottom of the footing. Any ideas on how this repair can be completed. Can I chip in the foundation footing a bit without worrying about structural integrity? Any ideas on how to remove the pipe if I make another hole on the other side of the footing. Thanks and all help is appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Big core drill. It takes some technique. You might have a hard time finding one to rent. I think you would be best to hire that out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks