Broken drain Snake

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve B

Reaction score
The head of the rented snake I was using snapped off, in the drain.

Tried to get it with another attachement, What now???

Tried to get it with a coat hanger, it was only just into the pipe, it must be right there at the bend.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
  • What where you rodding?
  • What size snake?
  • What type of cutter?
  • Any pictures?

They do make special retriever (funnel auger) that can hook the broken cable and bring it back. But I do not recommend someone that is not experienced in running a drain machine to do this themselves. Things can go wrong real fast. I average about 100 calls a year where people rented rodders and had the same thing happen to them. Some where smart and called me right away and I was able to help them with minimal impact. Others that tried themselves and snapped of more parts or got hurt really bad, ended up tearing out walls, or tearing out floors or digging up the sewer to go after the mess they had.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks