Brine Tank Refill

Users who are viewing this thread

cap33905

Reaction score
I have a 8x44 tank with a Fleck 5600 metered valve on it, and my question has to do with the brine tank refill cycle. My salt dose setting is set at 9lbs, and from what I have found in my research is that 3 gallons of water should be going back into the brine tank during the brine refill cycle. My brine tank has almost 6 gallons of water in it. Is this acceptable or too much? Will it cause me to use more salt? What could be the cause of it? (I just replaced the piston, seals and spacers, and replace the brine injector parts last June)

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does the brine tank have a grid plate? If so, you will have more water but all of it will not be draw out during the brine cycle.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have you disconnected the brine line from the valve while the unit is in service to see if it is dripping. The only other cause would be if the brine cam did not match the brine flow control. With the 5600, they change the brine cam (sticker I think) to match the brine flow control. If the brine flow control is .25, the cam salt sticker will be max 36 #. If it has a .5 brine flow control, then the sticker max is 18 # IIRC.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks