Brine tank hose diameters make women upset...

Users who are viewing this thread

snuffbox

Reaction score
I am trying to be a hillbilly and make parts from different manufacturers match up, and what I thought would be very simple, swapping brine tanks, has me confounded. The Culligan tank has a smaller diameter hose, and have a proprietary plastic compression nut fittings and it seems to fit nothing in the plumbing aisle. Must be metric or something. The other two tanks I have have more standard fittings that are easy to find, but they have wonky floats or holes in them.

As a temporary measure, I have patched the hoses together, but the larger one is sucking a little air a little around the connection, so it is not a permanant fix.

Just so others know, air can cause a little bucking and thrashing in the pipes, and seems to irritate women in the house. Sometimes it does not pay to be frugal... :)

That is all...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
LOL

That air means it won't be sucking heavy brine water and that means it won't regenerate the resin and that means she will be upset getting hard water.

Culligan uses their own size tubing so ya can't do what you're doing. See if the threads on the control valve end will accept a regular compression fitting nut and replace all their brine line tubing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks