Briggs R-7240 Tank

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by sorrydangdog, Sep 29, 2011.

1. sorrydangdog

sorrydangdog New Member

Can this tank be replaced anywhere....HD & Lowes do not carry Briggs? Anywhere else? Online?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If it's a 3.5 gallon tank from the 80's then no.

The best you can do is find a Briggs that someone is throwing out, or buy a new complete toilet.

You would be replacing a builder grade $80 toilet that is decades old.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I believe that is a 3.5 gpf from the late '80's. There is NO tank which will bolt up correctly, or even if managed to getit on there, it wouldn't flush. Your bowl was really designed for 5 gpf, and they just reconfigured the tank to meet the 3.5, and those toilets never flushed right. If you tried to flush with 1.6 it would laugh at you,.
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Might I respectfully suggest you explore the Toto line of toilets? I know you are hoping to find an inexpensive fix for your problem, but you really have no viable options. Yes, you can buy another builder grade toilet for $100 from the box stores, but these are not good performers, and when you consider a toilet will be used by every member of your household several times each day, everyday of the year for the next 20 to 30 years, why would you want a toilet that would require frequent plunging and not always clear the waste when flushed just to save a few dollars?
  5. sorrydangdog

sorrydangdog New Member

Thanks guys. Have to squeeze it in between games and races this weekend!