Briggs R-7240 Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it's a 3.5 gallon tank from the 80's then no.

The best you can do is find a Briggs that someone is throwing out, or buy a new complete toilet.

You would be replacing a builder grade $80 toilet that is decades old.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I believe that is a 3.5 gpf from the late '80's. There is NO tank which will bolt up correctly, or even if managed to getit on there, it wouldn't flush. Your bowl was really designed for 5 gpf, and they just reconfigured the tank to meet the 3.5, and those toilets never flushed right. If you tried to flush with 1.6 it would laugh at you,.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Might I respectfully suggest you explore the Toto line of toilets? I know you are hoping to find an inexpensive fix for your problem, but you really have no viable options. Yes, you can buy another builder grade toilet for $100 from the box stores, but these are not good performers, and when you consider a toilet will be used by every member of your household several times each day, everyday of the year for the next 20 to 30 years, why would you want a toilet that would require frequent plunging and not always clear the waste when flushed just to save a few dollars?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
No. A pressure bowl is differently-designed than a gravity bowl. The water will spray out of the bowl and go everywhere. If you try a gravity tank on a pressure bowl, the water doesn't even drain from the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks