Bricks, withot mortar as a temporary hearth solution ?

Users who are viewing this thread

GG_Mass

Reaction score
Hi,
The wood-stove I'm about to place, 450lbs in weight, will need to have its two back legs on the current hearth, which is built from brick and mortar.
I have to build an extension to the hearth where the front two legs of the stove would stand on.
The extensions' size would be 35x12x8 inches.
I am very much reluctant with making this build permanent, mainly due to the fact that we may have to move within a couple of years and then the entire build will need to be ripped out.

I would like to know if having layers of brick with zero clearance in between, stacked 3 rows high (with proper laying method) is even a valid idea for the expected load, or just crazy.

Once I'll know that the build can be permanent, I'd hire help to move the stove over, and then lay the brick and mortar like they should be.

Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks