breaker breaker 911

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by nicks240, May 15, 2007.

1. nicks240

nicks240 New Member

hey all i have a problem with my sprinkler system, i have a rain bird system ran off a shallow pump. the box cycles but when it goes to turn on the pump it throws the breaker and the pump dont even try to turn on, i live in florida and we havent had rain in a while so my grass is looking pretty bad, someone help please.
  2. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Do you have a GFI breaker?

If you have a GFI breaker, then you could have a small short from a wet exposed wire, or a neutral touching a ground wire or other ground.

If you are tripping a standard breaker then you have a hard short somewhere.
  3. nicks240

nicks240 New Member

thanks for the help. also last year the system would come on , but every once and a while it would throw the breaker now, it just wont come on at all, could it be a bad pump?, it looks pretty old