Brasscraft Gas Flow-safe valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm getting a new washer and dryer tomorrow. Is the Brasscraft flow-safe valve any good? Cause more problems than not having one? There is little chance of the supply hose from getting crimped, cut, moved, etc (the old one lasted nearly 30-years without problems), but the kits at Lowes seem to come with them. Going to replace the gas valve while at it, the old one doesn't meet current codes as it needs a wrench to shut it off. It did shut off, luckily, and not leak, though.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There have been some issues with the flood-stop water fuse valve, but I haven't heard of any issues with the gas valves.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Sometimes the initial sudden rush of water when a valve opens is interpretted as a broken hose, and the flood safe feature turns the water off. Then you have to disconnect the hose to reset it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks