1. vegashomes

vegashomes New Member

Is there a reason to go with brass vs pvc for a bathtub drain kit. I have been told that I should use brass for its longetivty but others have sad with the water here in Las Vegas we should use PVC
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

I like brass, It's a lot more rugged and I doubt the water will have any effect on it.
  3. bombjay

bombjay New Member

Agreed....Rugged....In case you ever plug it up the favorite M.O. of drain cleaners is a snake in the overflow to clear the line. A full tub of water might make some people sad when it springs a leak while being snaked!