1. BimmerRacer

BimmerRacer New Member

[​IMG]

Do I need to put anything between two halves or do I just crank it down to seal it?
  2. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

Just tighten them down the ground face of the union will make the seal.
  3. BimmerRacer

BimmerRacer New Member

Thanks Ron!
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

A couple of things...make sure the pipes are aligned when you tighten things up. And, especially if you overtighten, you may find you create a ridge on the sealing surfaces, so if you need to tak it apart, it becomes more difficult to seal unless you get it aligned perfectly.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

unions

I usually use pipe joint compound on the faces and the threads of the union nut to give some lubrication to the process.
  6. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Unions

Do to the fact that most fittings are made off planet, I also use a little pipe compound on the face, your choice. ;)
  7. BimmerRacer

BimmerRacer New Member

Thanks for the tips gents