Brass to Copper, Brass to Pex

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by MisterMagoo, May 7, 2013.

1. MisterMagoo

MisterMagoo New Member

I am remodeling a bathroom and all the plumbing looks to be brass (all connections/fittings are threaded). Since I have experience and tools to work with copper or pex I'd like to know the best way to cut the brass and then attach these materials to run new hot and cold supply lines to the shower and sink.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? THANKS!!

--MM
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There is only ONE way. You have to access, or create, a "thread" either male or female, and then screw the proper adapter into it to convert to the other material.