Brass craft toilet connector loop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Inoj1854

Reaction score
Good evening all. Quick question for anyone that uses the braided toilet connectors.

The distance from my toilet shutoff to the connector on my toilet is about 6 inches. The shortest connector I could find at any of the box stores is 9 inches.

I put this half loop on it. It doesn't appear to put excessive pressure on the toilet or on the pex line feeding it.

Would a loop cause the braided feed to fail?

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_212440753.jpg
    IMG_20161015_212440753.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 328

JRC3

Reaction score
That valve will probably easily rotate to a different clock position where it is crimped into the PEX. Might shut the water off and relieve the pressure in the PEX first, just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inoj1854

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ill keep an eye on it and rotate it if I feel anxious.

I was asking because I'll also have to do something creative under the sink when my faucet gets here.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
If you are concerned about the strain put on the PEX pipe (or fill valve) you could get a longer braided hose, then you could make a "complete loop" which would have less side force. IMHO

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
SOmewhere in the specs, it probably indicates the minimum bend radius...exceed that, and the line can kink (and it might not happen immediately). You're probably fine, but if it ends up kinking, buy a longer one so your bend can be more gradual.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks