Brass adapter stuck with pipe inside

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ACasper, Jul 19, 2013.

1. ACasper

ACasper New Member

We just bought a house and I'm trying to have an old tub hold up for three weeks before our renovation when it's getting completely moved. The drum trap leaked in several spots so cut it out to replace with a p trap. Got all the parts assembled with a new PVC trap adapter when the copper pipe above snapped off below the old brass adapter. I'm at a loss for how to go forward. Can I work with the old brass one? It's really stuck and no room above it to cut unless I replace the fitting that connects the tub shoe and overflow pipe to the trap, which includes two more brass connectors.
  2. asktom

asktom Member

A picture would really help.