Brand New Porcher Calla II Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I am about to rip out this brand new toilet! We just renovated a first floor bathroom and replaced the toilet with a Porcher Calla II 2 piece. It was highly rated etc...It only flushes intermittently. When the flush works, it's fine. When it doesn't, the water just swirls around and doesn't go down. I have replaced the flapper, made sure the tank water level is at its highest. I have looked at the rim holes etc and there is nothing blocking them. I have plunged. I have poured a couple of gallons of water directly down the toilet and it flushes nicely. I have put the float as close to the flapper as possible so it stays up longer. The other toilets in the house flush fine. It seems as if there isn't enough pressure when the water leaves the tank to force the water out of the bowl. Help!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would check the trapway.
A worker could have used the toilet for a trash can.
If the trapway is clear, it should siphon.

Sometimes you have to pull the bowl and auger from the back side.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If there's an obstruction, liquid would pass by, but the paper and waste could get clogged up and slow or stop the flow. this could be a defect, but is more likely something caught. It's also possible that it is caused by the wax ring, especially if you used one that has a plastic funnel embedded in it. Those can sometimes almost literally pinch shut if it is too large, or off-center slightly. Some of them are larger diameter than the hole in the flange.

Reaction score
Replacing toilet

I am calling customer service on Tuesday. The plumber snaked, checked the vent etc...It's the weirdest thing. Sometimes it flushes well, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't matter what's in the bowl. I think the only thing left to do is get a new toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks