BradfordWhite elec not so hot anymore

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by klimshelf, May 16, 2014.

1. klimshelf

klimshelf New Member

50 gallon electric Bradford White Model M250T6DS-INCWW. 6 mos. old in new house.

Had it set just above HOT and the water was a too hot to hold my hands under full hot faucet. For 6 months it worked great for a nice long shower.

A week ago the power went out for 7 hours during a snow storm and since then water is not as hot as it used to be - I can comfortably hold hands under full hot faucet.

Don't see a reset button anywhere. Drained off two gallons from bottom of tank and saw no sediment.

Maybe the power outage was a coincidence but the fact remains the water temp has dropped. Any ideas why?

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You may have a lower element out, or Thermostat that needs a reset.
    You have an upper and a lower thermostat and element.

Also, if you never get up to full heat, I have seen that happen with hot water leaks too. The hot line was leaking in the ground, and preventing the heater from catching up.
  3. klimshelf

klimshelf New Member

Thanks for your reply. I see the access door for the lower element but as shown in the photo there doesn't appear to be a reset button there.

I found the upper access plate hidden behind the instruction manual. I raised the temp setting and pushed the reset button. Hopefully, that will do it.
    Last edited: May 16, 2014