Bradford White Residential PowerStor

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by kevink1955, Dec 22, 2011.

1. kevink1955

kevink1955 New Member

Looking for an indrect 75 gal water heater, what do you guys think about the Bradford White Residential PowerStor heaters. The price is good but how do they hold up, I think I remember some on this site love Bradford's gas heaters. Can the same be said about the Residential PowerStor ?

We must have good water here on LI as my current power vented 50 gal Vanguard (from Grainger) was installed in 1991, I have been running it hoter the last few years to provide water for the jetted tub so I want to go to the 75 indirect.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I have a SuperStor Ultra that has served me well for awhile now...no experience with any others, this is my first indirect. came highly recommended, though.
  3. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Any forced vent heater except a Polaris is a energy hog in my opinion. Sucks the heat our of the heater, no time for transfer with nice slow gravity. Bench tested a "80%' furnace and most of the heat was going out into the vent pipe. Sickening.

Now that we tapped so much new gas, I suppose there will be no incentive to make a proper heat exchanger.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Not only that but a power vent sucks air out of the home resulting in cold outside air having to replace it possibly resullting in cold drafts. Central vacs and clothes dryers do the same thing. Maybe not such a big deal in the lower 48.
  5. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

California is mandating make up air for hoods, and many dryers are in the garage anyway. But I badly wish I had installed make up air for my home made giant hood, as you cannot use it when the fireplace is going.