Bradford White quality

Users who are viewing this thread

eoz3106

Reaction score
I'm going to replace my 10 year heater and was thinking about using this 40 gallon from Bradford White, M-4-40T6FBN. I've read lots of complaints about the ICON, but when I spoke with Fergusons, they said the issue with the valves is resolved. They did acknowledge it had lots of problems in the past, and I didn't prompt them about it.

There is clearly no love for BW online, but my current one is BW and I've had no problems except for replacing a T/P valve.

Has the quality gone down with these newer ones and should I be looking at something else?

Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm going to replace my 10 year heater
Why? I would call a leak after 10 years a problem, unless the water was more corrosive than average. I guess my expectations may be too high based on limited experience. I am not a pro.

eoz3106

Reaction score
It needs a new dip tube, but being up in the attic and 10 years I am going to have it replaced. Just debating between these 2:

BW - M-4-40T6FBN
Rheem - PRO G40-40N

The Rheem is about 70 bucks more installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks