Bradford white lowboy

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by Cybermonkey, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Cybermonkey

Cybermonkey New Member

Hey guys,
    I am in the process of getting ready to install a hot water heater. My idea is to install the HWH in a closet underneth a stairwell. The problem is my max height is 48". So, I am considering a Bradford White Lowboy 47 gal version. I have a wife, two kids and two bathrooms. I think I will get just enough hot water but am not quite sure. What do you guys opinion????
    BTW, I have no Whirlpool tube or dishwasher.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

3. it will work ok

you are talking about a gas low boy, correct???

that will be more than big enough...

it will work fine as long as it is permitted to install one
    under a stair well in your area..

and as long as it dont get starved for air.

I suggest you put it in a pan for the day will come
    when it will go bad .
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

heater

It had better be an electric heater if he is putting it under a stairway. And the 47 gallon lowboy is equivalent to a 50 gallon regular so you should have no problem with it.
  5. Cybermonkey

Cybermonkey New Member

It will be an eletric HWH. I will definitly take your advice and put a pan under it! Do they make a drain for the floor that acts like a check valve? The HWH will sit on my first floor above my crawlspace. If I had a drain to the crawlspace below I would be golden. Accept I am probobibly not seeing a code issue or two.

Thanks for your help.