Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I dont know.

I wonder how many people would think your post was insulting and against the forum rules of personal attacks?

I really dont know if this is offensive or not... but I get the feeling that only certain
points of view are allowed to be voiced here..

.Cookie..
personally I think your thread started out fine, on the
tragedy that happenned

but when it imploded into baning all septic tanks in the
country.........
I am sorry , that is when I had to chime in....

then it went to illegal aliens rights , and the right to
basicaly reproduce till they take over the whole place
(that was not me that stated that)

wow..... that seems a little silly to me.......

Cookie...If it makes you feel any better.........

I am sorry that I voiced my opinion on this,

and I sincerely hope from the very bottom of my heart

that some day our country is 100% septic tank free....

now I got to go put in a water heater.....

have a great weekend:D

maybe ....perhaps the whole thread should be erased.....

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I really dont know if this is offensive or not... but I get the feeling that only certain
points of view are allowed to be voiced here..

.Cookie..
personally I think your thread started out fine, on the
tragedy that happenned

but when it imploded into baning all septic tanks in the
country.........
I am sorry , that is when I had to chime in....

then it went to illegal aliens rights , and the right to
basicaly reproduce till they take over the whole place
(that was not me that stated that)

wow..... that seems a little silly to me.......

Cookie...If it makes you feel any better.........

I am sorry that I voiced my opinion on this,

and I sincerely hope from the very bottom of my heart

that some day our country is 100% septic tank free....

now I got to go put in a water heater.....

have a great weekend:D

Markie,

I should had banned you when I had the chance. You are insulting and do personal attacks against forum rules. I don't know why you get away with it.

I posted only the obvious in regards to your post about Ian.

If you don't like it, then stop being a jerk.

Cookie

Reaction score
Possibly, so just focus on trying to give helpful information to others wherever possible. Straightening out the world is somebody else's job, and not even Cookie tries to do that!

Rules are rules. It is even ashame a forum needs rules, adults should know not to step over the line in posting your opinion where it then becomes personal attacks. There is no need for it. I do not find injuring another person, insulting another person either humorous or entertaining.

This is Terry's forum and he is the one who should voice this, it is his rules.

So, take it back on track, talk about the death of a child in a septic, or how much the USA needs septics, or the reason why we couldn't do away with them ; but their is no reason to talk about Ian's future children, or attacking anything personal. Mark, insulting someone, or attacking someone is not voicing your opinion on the subject.

That is not only my opinion, but it is adhering to the rules.

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Markie,

I should had banned you when I had the chance. You are insulting and do personal attacks against forum rules. I don't know why you get away with it.

I posted only the obvious in regards to your post about Ian.

If you don't like it, then stop being a jerk.

For real?? His post wasn't a personal attack in this thread, if it was some people are a little too sensitive to hear other peoples opinions. Generalizations were made but not to any specific person and we all make generalizations to some groups (hacks, DIY's, and idiots alike).

I take Mark's posts as blunt and to the point but rarely intentionally offensive, there's a few others here who have resorted to thinly veiled insults and don't seem to generate the same amount of interest as Mark.

I'm a member of another forum where insults are highly prized, trust me, nothing here I've seen comes close to a personal attack.

Cookie

Reaction score
In my opinion yes, I am entitiled to my opinion just as much as you, Mark, and others are. Yes, in my opinion it is against forum rules.
I never put value on injuring another person, just like if your kid was injured or ridiculed, or harrassed you would want someone being rewarded for doing so.

Just put yourself in someone's shoes. That is why their are rules for people who can't use reason and common sense.

Now don't go attacking me, go back to the discussion at hand, either the death of the little boy in the septic tank or why we need and have to need septics.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
This is Terry's forum and he is the one who should voice this, it is his rules.

Ah, so maybe you might almost possibly think Terry might not be actually be peforming his circumstantial duties here, eh?!

Point: Nobody here ever has any legitimate reason for talking about anyone else unless an individual begins a thread with his or her own name and personality as the subject!

And now back to reality ...

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, so maybe you might almost possibly think Terry might not be actually be peforming his circumstantial duties here, eh?!

Point: Nobody here ever has any legitimate reason for talking about anyone else unless an individual begins a thread with his or her own name and personality as the subject!

And now back to reality ...

I don't know how you read that into it.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I never put value on injuring another person, just like if your kid was injured or ridiculed, or harrassed you would want someone being rewarded for doing so.

Just put yourself in someone's shoes. That is why their are rules for people who can't use reason and common sense.

Now don't go attacking me, go back to the discussion at hand, either the death of the little boy in the septic tank or why we need and have to need septics.

This thread was way off from the kid in the septic tank along time ago. You have apparently taken Mark's post, above all others, as a personal attack and I don't see it. Yes that's obviously my opinion.

Going with that opinion, I didn't see any RULES broken. Additionally I never saw the posts as calous to the fact that a kid died - He repeatedly stated that it was a sad event.

No one was attacking you Cookie, just stating opinions.

Cookie

Reaction score
For real?? His post wasn't a personal attack in this thread, if it was some people are a little too sensitive to hear other peoples opinions. Generalizations were made but not to any specific person and we all make generalizations to some groups (hacks, DIY's, and idiots alike).

I take Mark's posts as blunt and to the point but rarely intentionally offensive, there's a few others here who have resorted to thinly veiled insults and don't seem to generate the same amount of interest as Mark.

I'm a member of another forum where insults are highly prized, trust me, nothing here I've seen comes close to a personal attack.

I have seen and read the other sites, and I have seen other mods and admin, telling people again, their forum rules for less. They don't seem to put up with as much, they nip breaking the rules in the bud pretty quick.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Where was Lassie when we needed him? Maybe he only did wells, and had the good sense to stay away from septic systems. I'm betting on homicide, though, at this point.

As for septic systems vs municipal systems, 46&2 was right on target. A well designed, installed, and maintained septic system is arguably more desirable than a municipal system, but IMHO the developer/builder conspiracy is pressuring local municipalities to allow septic systems where they really shouldn't be installed. And homeowners are generally clueless, and ignore the "well-maintained" part until there's a problem. Same for private wells; I'll put my well water (after treatment) up against any bottled water on the market, but I can't just turn on the faucet without maintaining the system properly.

As for forum protocol, it appears to be the nature of forums like this that minor disagreements escalate into major confrontations; it's regrettable, but very common. I believe any and all personal attacks and/or allegations, or anything that might remotely be considered offensive or punitive, or remarks for or against a poster's personal viewpoint should be taken off line, so that's what I'll do.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
MoreCowbell.jpg

cowbell.thumb.gif
cowbell.thumb.gif
cowbell.thumb.gif

Cookie

Reaction score
I LOVE Walken, what a great guy!
I love him flying!!!
THAT is one sexy man don't you guys agree?

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
dunbar...whats cowbell????

This thread needs more cowbell.

dunbar....
are you saying something offensive about cows here???

their are people here that are lactose intolerant you know.... you could be hurting their feelings

what EXACTLY ar you implieing here fella.......:D

this is all..... complete total nonsense to me....

all I did was say that this thread went brain dead...

which was really no personal attack on anyone..

I must need some sensitivity training...
I got a good solid background
in psycology, but that apparently is not enough...

got back from my 40 gallon gas....

ooooppps now damn someone wants a 50 for $1000

I just cant pass it up.....

watch your ppppsss and qqqqqqqqss Dunbar

I am watching you.:p .

Cookie

Reaction score
How can you seriously not think you did not insult anyone on your posts? What about Ian? How were these not directed to him? How can you deny it. Remember what you did to me, with the "HUMANITY" bit? Over and over and over? Now, the sensitivity bit... what is remarkable is the fact you seemingly,get away with it. Well, I don't like Bullies Mark.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
How can you seriously not think you did not insult anyone on your posts? What about Ian? How were these not directed to him? How can you deny it. Remember what you did to me, with the "HUMANITY" bit? Over and over and over? Now, the sensitivity bit... what is remarkable is the fact you seemingly,get away with it. Well, I don't like Bullies Mark.

Ian was the one who brought up having kids as "anchor babies". :rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks