Box fill for Cantex EZ14SO

Users who are viewing this thread

pex006

Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if you could tell me if the 14 cubic inch allowance for the EZ14SO box is calculated to already include 1 volume for the cable clamps or do I need to add 1 volume for the cable clamps. I am trying use it to with a 12/3 plus ground and a duplex receptacle. That adds up to (7) #12 awg wires which the box says is ok in the writing under the cubic in volume that states 8/12. But the calculation including a volume for the box clamp comes to 15.75 cubic inches which is over the 14 cubic inches stated inside the box as well. That's why I am looking for some clarification.

Attachments

• Cantexbox.jpg
    Cantexbox.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 204

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
NEC 314.16 address' box fill. The internal clamps add a single volume allowance equal to your largest conductor(314.16(B)(2)).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks