Bown Cleanliness of Toto Drake because of small water spot

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
I used an elongated Toto toilet at my doctor's office and noticed that the bowl had a lot of leftover poop on the bowl sides. So I was wondering what kind of experience is out there to keep these low flush bowls clean. Below is a comparison of the Toto water spots to my old Kohler.

My 1975 Kohler Wellworth: = 12" x 10"

Toto Drake 1.6gpf: = 10-1/4" x 8-5/8"

Toto Drake II Cyclone 1.28gpf: = 9" x 7"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
1975 Anything is five gallons or more.

You are really comparing something 38 years old to now?
The US is worried about water availiblity in coming years. Much of the well water is eons old, and we're pumping it out for our use, and it doesn't replenish. We're good for now, but we're draining the water tables in the Midwest.
Brazil, Russia, Canada, and China will have more in future years for manufacturing.

Since 1992, all new toilet bowls have been 1.6 gallons or less. It's been 21 years.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Not to be too graphic about it, but living in a house that still has a couple of (mostly-unused) 5-gallon monsters with the giant swirling ponds of water, I can authoritatively state that even with a big, deep water spot, the stuff can and will still stick to the china, and stuff will stick and accumulate, under certain circumstances, on upper areas that don't really get clean. The newest toilets do an amazing amount with the small amount of water they use.

It's actually kind of heartening that with today's Totos, people are no longer complaining about their low-flow toilet clogging, but rather are nitpicking about bowl rinse.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have 2 Toto toilets in my home, a Drake and a Dartmouth. These are both 1.6 gpf models, neither have the Sanigloss coating. Never have had a clog, and the streaking is minimal. I keep a brush beside each for the rare streaks and general cleaning. It is my belief, and that of many others, that streaking is usually the result of diet that is too rich and results in a soft, gooey poop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks