BOSCH GWH C 800 ES

Users who are viewing this thread

Patrick O'Hagan

Reaction score
Where to begin...My water heater is five years old and has not had a problem until now. My water heater would not lite and flashed error code of EA over and over again. Yada yada my plumber took it apart and thought there might be condensation in the burner because it was soaking wet, but it does not ignite. when it was reconstructed, it ignited and was spitting out tons of hot water. Next day, nothing. No hot water but loud banging as the machine was trying to ignite. It could not hold a flame.

A BOSCH tech looked at it and said it is condensation. Not from where or how to fix it though. They did come up with mularkey estimates of how to fix something that they cannot describe how it is screwing up. Their estimates are in the thousands but I still have a warranty for A DECADE to go!! Not to mention their phony prices of a prorated machine are more than the cost off of several websites.

I have called their number and sent an email to their CSR center somewhere in fantasy land. I am absolutely furious and would advise people to not buy BOSCH Water heaters as you will only get 5 years out of the machine and they will not support you with your problems. They claim to support it for 15 years and the unit should last for 20.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks