Boiler size question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
There are minimum flow rate requirements on the boiler to limit the potential for flash-boil, so you wouldn't use a programmable delta-T on the primary loop. Boilers shipped with internal pumps usually have significantly more primary-pumping capacity than the absolute minimum required. If you're going to change it out, consult with the manufacturer. The the UFT series boilers from HTP are designed for pumping-direct (no primary/secondary required), but I'm not sure what the minimum flow requirements are. You can probably run that boiler with a single ECM drive programmed delta-T approach.

Leon82

Reaction score
ok, thanks again.
the knight ships with a Grundfos UPS15-58FC.
so the viridian ecm pump can match the same speeds in constant speed mode and provide less energy consumption.
I think it would be best to only use one zone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks