Boiler silent after oil pump replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

Bratan

Reaction score
I recently had maintenance performed on my oil boiler. Guy couldn't get oil pump going after that (he spend about 4 hours) and it had to be replaced. I wasn't happy about the bill, but that's another story.
After pump was replaced, my boiler is now almost silent. I mean it was roaring like a jet engine ever since I moved to this house (almost 2 years ago), it was almost impossible to be next to it without earl plugs. It could be heard outside (boiler is in the basement)... I though it was normal.
Now it's more in the "infrasonic" range, very low frequency hum. I can't even hear it anymore on 1st or second floor.
I asked maintenance guy about it, and he just said it's normal but didn't elaborate. So I thought I'd ask here. Don't get me wrong, I really happy it's so quiet now, but is it normal? Can oil pump make such huge difference? Just seems to good...
It does heat the house and water :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks