Boiler oil pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

Voyager1947

Reaction score
My daughter has a very old Stewart-Warner boiler that suddenly quit firing. She does no maintenance on it, I live about 50 miles away so it's a pain for me to go there and do what little I know. I went there today figuring it was the nozzle, it wasn't. The burner does it's thing for about 15 seconds and then it locks out. I figured I'd look at fuel and/or ignition, not really sure how to check either. The transformer has about 60 ohms across the secondary, not sure if that's good or not. So looking for fuel problems, when I opened the bleeder, there was plenty of fuel there, so I disconnected the output fuel line from the pump to where it connects to whatever the thing is that the nozzle screws in to, it kind of looks like the Enterprise from Star Trek. Anyway, no fuel there when the pump comes on. But I don't know if there should be. The pump is a Danfoss BFPH model 071N1151. In reading the specs for that, there is a lot of stuff about springs and pressure, so not sure if I should see any fuel there or not. It has a filter at the input so I may try that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks
frank

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks