Boiler Cover Plate Torque Spec

Users who are viewing this thread

curvenin

Reaction score
Hello,

I am needing to replace my cover plate and gasket on my bryant BW4 AKA Dunkirk Empire II. Below outlines per their service manual:

1. Place new gasket over coil and up against inside face plate. Insert coil into boiler opening. Verify arrow stamped in the face plate points upward and the word “TOP” (if shown) is at the top. Install ten (10) 3/8" - 16 hex nuts. Tighten evenly and snugly in crisscross pattern. Do not exert extreme pressure and snap the bolts.

Could someone define "snug" in HVAC terms? I am torque spec guy and this is discouraging to me. I plan on placing all the nuts back on until it touches the plate then go back and tighten a little then repeat kind of like a wheel on a car. Then use my thumb to depress the wrench until it can go no more.

Thanks

-Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks