Body Sprays - Does this "loop" work??!!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dixiedoodle, Mar 2, 2007.

1. dixiedoodle

dixiedoodle New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Hi! We are in the rough-in stage of home building. In our master bath shower room we are having 2 separate shower heads, a thermostatic valve and diverter and a series of body sprays. I would appreciate any comments on the way that the plumber installed the loop system for the body sprays. I am mostly concerned with whether this installation will actually allow for proper pressure equalization between all 4 of the sprays. We were expecting to see a set-up that looked more like the standard "pressure balancing loop," and are suspect whether these Danze sprays will have equal pressures... Thank you for any feedback!

loop ex.JPG
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Based on what I read, you will not be satisfied with the balance of what is there now. The pressure will diminish as you go up, with the furthest head with probably only a dribble.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. diyqueen

diyqueen New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    I am not a plumber, but I had the contractor do it incorrectly, and then paid a second plumber to come out and make the loops like:

l l
    l l

(The O's are supposed to be my fixtures. Sorry for the rough drawing) anyway...the pressure is great now (i have 4 heads altogether). Hope this helps. At least the wall isn't finished yet (mine was);)
  5. diyqueen

diyqueen New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    the last picture should look like a square (formatting was a little off) with an O at the top and bottom.