Body Sprays - Does this "loop" work??!!

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dixiedoodle, Mar 2, 2007.

1. dixiedoodle

dixiedoodle New Member

Hi! We are in the rough-in stage of home building. In our master bath shower room we are having 2 separate shower heads, a thermostatic valve and diverter and a series of body sprays. I would appreciate any comments on the way that the plumber installed the loop system for the body sprays. I am mostly concerned with whether this installation will actually allow for proper pressure equalization between all 4 of the sprays. We were expecting to see a set-up that looked more like the standard "pressure balancing loop," and are suspect whether these Danze sprays will have equal pressures... Thank you for any feedback!
    :eek:

loop ex.JPG
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Based on what I read, you will not be satisfied with the balance of what is there now. The pressure will diminish as you go up, with the furthest head with probably only a dribble.
  3. diyqueen

diyqueen New Member

I am not a plumber, but I had the contractor do it incorrectly, and then paid a second plumber to come out and make the loops like:

___O___
    l l
    l l
    l___O__l

(The O's are supposed to be my fixtures. Sorry for the rough drawing) anyway...the pressure is great now (i have 4 heads altogether). Hope this helps. At least the wall isn't finished yet (mine was);)
  4. diyqueen

diyqueen New Member

the last picture should look like a square (formatting was a little off) with an O at the top and bottom.