blocked hot water inlet on grohmix 34 434 thermostatic shower mixer

Users who are viewing this thread

alanfr1978

Reaction score
hi all,

i recently investigated a blocked hot water inlet on grohmix thermostatic shower mixer 34 434. On investigation I found a rubbery substance inside the inlet, after a lot of prodding and pulling i finally released it and found what looked like a rubber seal. My question is has anyone had a similar experience and does anyone know what this rubber thing is. I work for a major hotel chain and this shower is in the hotel, i just want to be sure there won't be any other problems or leaks etc now this has been removed.

many thanks in advance

Alan

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
The shower valve my be where it ended up. It could have come from any where in the plumbing system.

John

alanfr1978

Reaction score
yes it did end up in shower valve thats where i got it out from, i wanted to know where it came from or was it ppart of original fitting

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
yes it did end up in shower valve thats where i got it out from, i wanted to know where it came from or was it ppart of original fitting

Can't tell you that with out seeing it. Even if I did see it may be just a peace of something that could not be identified.

John

alanfr1978

Reaction score
it looks like a peice of insulation that you would put round copper piping thats the only way i can describe it lol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks